Saturday, October 31, 2009

Which is better for weight gain?

Hi. I'm 18 years old, about 5'8.5", and somewhere between 112 lbs.-115lbs.--in the morning (I realize I weigh more at night than I do in the morning). I know that this isn't very ideal for someone my height and I would really like to put on some weight.I've tried time and time again but usually once I put on weight I lose it in a heartbeat. A lot of people tell me to go to the gym because muscle weighs more than fat but I don't want to be muscular. I still would like to keep my figure but just to be maybe 20-25 lbs. heavier.Would anyone recommend Ensure or Boost as a way of healthy weight gain? If so, which is best? I understand the diet that I will have to keep up in order to gain weight but it seems that the foods alone just don't seem to be doing it.
Answer:
Ensure and Boost both contain a lot of sugar and aren't particularly healthy because of that. Gaining weight is a simple matter of increasing your daily caloric intake. So, what you should try is increasing your caloric intake each week by about 10% until you start seeing weight gain, and then keep it at that level. Just be careful it's not bodyfat you're gaining.Don't worry about getting too muscular. This is very difficult for women to do since women contain a 10th of the testosterone levels men do. The most you'll see is some good muscle tone and development. So, going to the gym is definitely the best way of gaining good weight.If you find you need a supplement, a good whey protein powder would be your best bet, especially if you're active. It should contain no suger, little fat and lots of vitamins and minerals, and come from a reputable source.Body weight is actually a bad indicator of overall health. It could be that you're a good healthy weight for you. Also, our metabolisms do slow as we get older, so in a few years it shouldn't be a problem for you. Keep this in mind that healthy habits do accumulate as we get older.
unlike all the fat pigs on here maybe you should just eat whatever is available in your home.
eat fried food and sleep all day
http://www.best-diet-food.com
I would pick ensure because its cheaper. They are both healthy ways to gain weight, they've got a lot of nutritience and an even balance of the calorie sources. Pick ensure plus instead of regular because its more nutritionally and caloricly dense.
And don't eat the fried stuff, because it has a lot of trans fats witch will ruin your heart. Pick foods rich in monosaturated and omega three fats. They're high in calories, and will make you feel really happy.
I am 6'3" and weigh 12 stone, which is underweight. But I have always been this build.
I have tried everything - even so far as taking water retention tablets sold illicitly at the gym.
I once read of a girl who could not join the army because she was underweight. She ate 6 sticky buns a day, and was accepted after a month !
The trouble with any weight gain is that it is not natural, and you will quickly lose it again.
Like you, I slowly put weight on - as much as 20 pounds over about 10 months - only to lose the lot in a matter of weeks.
Just accept this is your natural weight and learn to live with it. Stop being self conscious.
For what it's worth, at your age you have yet to reach your optimum weight, although you will hardly grow any taller.
Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Which is better Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net