Sunday, October 25, 2009

Whey Protein?

I just bough whey protein and I was wonder if you have any suggestions on when, and how many times a day/week, I should use it.
Answer:
Ive been bodybuilding a bit and i take it right before lifting. That way the body can process it and digest it by the time your done working out. Personally, I advise not to take it more than twice a week; this is simply because its an excess ingredient you are introducing to the body and anything in excess is harmful. The physical shock of so much protein could upset natural chemicals or something worse.
I take it right after I lift weights, and take it on days when I know I havent gotten that much protein in the food that I ate. Do not over do protein though, it can lead to fat gain.
In the past I have put it in shakes that I drink before a hard workout that included weight lifting (for the carb boost as well as the muscle building benefits), but not every workout- so once a day, only on the days you're working out hard, so I'd think 3 or 4 times a week, tops~
why don't you just modify your diet to eat protein in regular food?
that's better for you.
but whatever.
It amazes me how little some people know.Protein in powder form is completely fine to take. It is recommended that you get most of your protein from food, but taking more than one shake a day is fine. I mix whey protein with yogurt, berries, and granola for breakfast. I take a shake before working out, so my body doesn't burn lean muscle during my workout, and I sometimes have one before bed, but I prefer the protein Casein that is found in non-fat cottage cheese for that time of day. Go to Bodybuilding.com for questions on bodybuilding and get your answers from those who know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Which is better Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net