Sunday, October 25, 2009

Where do I find motivation to get back in my prime?

I mean I have been in great shape before and I had a routine (diet/exercise) that I followed very closely but I can't seem to get back on track.
Answer:
Hey Adam,
GREAT question. Exercise is simple, you just have to do it. As you mentioned, the secret is in modivation. Most of us think that we accomplish things because of our personalities, "he has more willpower so he can do things," or more, "self-control," and the such. The truth is, some people just have better methods of accomplishing things and motivating themselves. There is a whole area of study on this (called behavior modification, developed by B.F. Skinner). Here is the book I would suggest...Self-Directed Behavior, by David L. Watson and Roland G. Tharp. It's an expensive book because it sites lots of research, but it's well worth the money. This book will help you with lots of other behavior changes. You do have it in you to make changes, you just need to develop new techniques.
I find that I get really motivated when I watch the plastic surgery shows where people are paying thousands of dollars and going through insane amounts of pain. Then I go and work out for a fraction of the cost and a lot less pain!
If you have a girlfriend, that's probably the issue. Break up with her. You'll want to look your best for the next girl you are looking for. If you don't have a girlfriend then go to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Which is better Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net