Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why am I not losing weight?

I am 5'9" tall and I weigh almost 170 pounds. I am a size 10, but would like to be an 8 or even a 6. When I weigh 150 pounds, I am a size 6, and I am happy that way, but other people think I'm too thin, and the only way I can maintain that weight is by starving myself, so it's just not convenient for the long term! LOL So, I'm trying to lose about 15 pounds and I've been running 3+ miles a day (5-6 days a week) plus bike riding 2-4 miles a day (at least 4 days a week) plus I have stopped snacking after dinner and have been consciously reducing my portion sizes, and still I am GAINING weight rather than losing. :( So, I was wondering about using a product like Dexatrim Max2O, but I'm wary of weight loss products because of the side effects and also because I'm afraid I will gain all the weight back when I stop using them. Why am I not losing weight? What can I do to lose the weight faster? Bathing suit season is coming up and I feel FAT! :(
Answer:
First, throw away the scale.
Your goal is to be tighter, i.e fit into a size 6 without starving yourself.
Get a weight set. By doing weights, you tighten up the body.
Do the weights once a week.
You are gaining weight because you are starving yourself. Your body is turning more food into fat because you are starving.Eat 5 small meals a day. A bananna is a small meal. An apple is an small meal. Then you will have food balance and not be hungry, not have to starve yourself to death.Nothing wrong with the running and bike riding. This will make you healthier. But you need to do the weights one day a week. Pick the day you do not do aerobics.Don't use the mirror to deterimine if you are fat. You see what you want to see in the mirror, good or bad. Take photos of yourself. Photos show the true you.Hope this helps.
YOUR OVER DOING IT ON THE EXCERSIZE. U NEED TO SPEAK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AND TELL HIM EVERYTHING SEE WHAT HE SUGGESTS
Muscle weighs more then fat- Once your muscles develope you may see a weight lose.
try balsam pear diet
http://www.best-diet-food.com
Don't go overboard with exercise. You should exercise moderately. Cut out meats, dairy, and starches as much as possible. When I went vegan, I lost a lot of weight that I wasn't even trying to lose. I'm still trying to gain it back! Plus, you just feel better.And leave those diet pills alone! You don't need them! God gave us a natural way to be the weight that we are supposed to be!
If you are doing that intense of a work out, you may be gaining muscles which weighs more than fat. Do not go by the scale, use a tape measure and keep a log of your measurements. I would definetly continue eating healthy and exercising, but if you are truely concernced, I would visit the doctor for any questions and concerns. He/she may be able to find if there is an underlying medical problem such as the thyroid. I would stay away from any weight loss supplement, they may cause unwanted side effects, you may have to cut back on the exercising though. Try eating 5-6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism up and work out enough to get good cardio, maybe about 30-45 minutes a day of light cardio instead of such an intense work out. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Which is better Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net