Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why am I cheating so badly on my diet?

Is it true right before your menstrual, you're harmones are so out of wack that you binge? I go to the gym 2-3 times a week. But for some reason this week I cheated so badly. I had a Big Mac last night (that is definietly a no-no!) I had Cookies %26 Creme ice cream yesterday morning (so good but so bad) I had french toast this morning (no excuses, I'm just horrible!) and what make it so embarrasing is that I just went to the gym yesterday. Ladies could it be my menstrual that is coming? or should I just be ashamed of myself for being so weak? I know everyone binges.but this is ridiculous! Please advise!
Answer:
You're not horrible. And it probably doesn't have much to do with your period. I suggest you read this article, "The Truth About Cholesterol and Fat" by Marcelle Pick, ob/gyn NP at
http://www.womentowomen.com/nutritionand...
She says that our bodies are hard-wired to crave cholesterol and fat because they're necessary for your health. We don't get enough of the right kinds of fat in our diets because we eat too many processed and refined foods. It sounds strange, but if you add certain fats to your diet, you'll reduce cravings for things like Big Macs and ice cream. Read the whole article to learn more. Hope this helps!Darlenehttp://www.herbal-remedies-for-busy-moms...
Everyone binges, forgive yourself and get back on track with good eating and exercise. Good luck.
eeeh its summer! you get some freebee's but its those little treats that makes life funner isnt it?
NOPE you have poor will power hun =that's what it takes to stick to a diet
Self control over Self indulging.
Seriously control this! it's called "binge" and that is something hard to control but once you get a grip, it's easy.If it is your period then try to allow just ONE thing you can eat only in one week!
Don't diet change your eating habits. Dieting always fails you are no different than the other1 million that try to diet and fail Change your eating habits do not set yourself up for disapointment
You may feel the need to binge. However, if you know its your period coming. Learn how to deal with it. Don't be ashamed. Your only human. Just don't use that as an excuse to binge. If you get my drift.
One of the symptoms of PMS(Pre-menstrual syndrome) is increased craving for Fats, Sweets, and salt. So, yes, that could be why you keep cheating. Try to get plenty of healthy sugars(e.g. fruits, whole grains, ext.) to curb these cravings.
The key to any diet is willpower, but you aren't weak just because you aren't able to keep yourself back. But I'm not advocating "binging" either. If you are unable to keep yourself back, avoid those foods, or hang around someone who will be able to stop you whenever you want to eat something you shouldn't.As a man, I don't know much about the menstrual cycle, but I have never heard of any connection (don't quote me on that!).
i have been having the same problem lately not with the period thing but with binging i have lost about 45 pounds and i have not had my period for 4 months because of this i dont know why i am binging so much lately but i have heard that during menstrualisation you tend to want more junk food
Yes, I think there's some truth to the PMS thing. It always happens to me, too. I crave all sorts of fat, especially McDonalds fries and things like muffins and sweets. I don't normally eat too much of that stuff. I also suffer from horrible fatigue about 2-3 days before my period...sleeping much more than usual and then being really groggy in the morning.Don't feel too bad about the eating - I think it's totally normal. Just try to exercise regularly, and MINIMIZE (notice I didn't say eliminate) the binging, and you will be fine.
Because its easy.
Yeah, women tend to eat more before their menstruation begins because their bodies are craving certain nutrients. Craving the nutrients causes you to want food that your body recognizes as having the nutrients in them (Big Mac=iron, ice cream=calcium, french toast=...well, I don't know, there are too many different recipes).The way to avoid this is to think about what you want and try to find a healthy substitute that would have the same nutrients. (Big Mac to fish sandwich, ice cream to skim milk.)Hope that helps! I'm having the same problem...especially with the Big Macs!
It could be that you have eliminated everything that is bad for you. If you take small quantities of the things that are bad like the big mac cut it into 4 pieces and don't eat it all at one sitting. If you crave something you need to have a little bit of it or you will eventually be off of your diet. I tried cutting everything out all at once and it was hard because I would binge and then everything else was a waste of time and effort. If you do everything in moderation it is better say you want cookies have one or two and don't eat anything else that is off of your diet for that day. It worked for me. I find it harder at that time of the month because I do have weird cravings. Don't be ashamed of yourself just take it slow. Pick up where you left off. Good luck its easier to gain than to get rid of. Another thing I would get really bad cravings for ice cream so I would get yogurt at the store and freeze it and it would satisfy me that may help you to and it mixes things up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Which is better Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net